The struggle of fighting for flawless, beautiful skin is an endless one for many women. Probably one of the toughest obstacles to overcome for women over 40 are dark spots and age spots. These are small patches of skin that have become darker than the rest of your complexion. They occur as women age and can be caused by numerous things including, but not limited to, pregnancy, sun exposure, and acne.
Most women develop these spots due to over exposure to sunlight, though. And, if you it makes you feel better, there are actually several ways to treat these blemishes. It is possible to completely eradicate age spots through persistent treatment. Below we've broken down a few of the most effective methods of getting rid of dark spots.
Skin Bleaching Creams
The first method we're going to discuss is the use of skin bleaching creams. These products first became popular in Asian countries where women with the fairest skin are considered the most attractive. Since then these cosmetics have made their way into the Western countries including the US, United Kingdom, and Australia.
They're known by several names including skin lighteners, dark spot correctors, and CC creams, but they all do basically the same thing. Using a combination of natural or chemical substances these products interact with melanin, which controls skin pigments, forcing your body to decrease the amount it makes. As the melanin is reduced, the dark spots on your face, arms, chest, etc, slowly dissipate.
A great example of this type of cosmetic is Meladerm skin lightening cream, one that has made its name well-known on the Internet. Major skincare blogs, magazines, and recognized medical professionals have all praised Meladerm for its unique and effective formula. Consisting of kojic acid, alpha-arbutin, licorice extract, and other naturally occurring substances, this is by far one of the best skin lighteners you can use to fight against age spots.
The next option you have is to seek professional help. This can be done by visiting a dermatologist which will more than likely claim that you need to do deep peels over and over again to eliminate spots. Or you can check out services offered by a medical spa. These typically consist of more peels or laser therapy treatments.
Here's a video showing off an example of one of these treatments:
Unfortunately, these professional-grade treatments will generally be much more expensive than a topical cream. While creams like Meladerm only cost about $50 a high-level peel or laser session can cost $100 to $200 or more per treatment. And, to be honest, most women have to get multiple treatments to see a real difference.
Are You Ready for Brighter, More Even Skintone?
Other Products You'll Love Too!
- [DARK SPOT CORRECTOR] – Tetyana Dark Spot Corrector contains powerful and effective ingredients that penetrate deeply into the skin to remove acne scars, dark spots, age spots, freckles, and sun spots to give you an even, bright skin tone.
- [FOR FACE AND BODY] – Use this dark spot corrector for your face and other body parts. Use it for your face, arms, legs, between thighs, knees, elbows and more.
- [Effective INGREDIENTS] – Tetyana Dark Spot Corrector contains 4-Butylresorcinol, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, and Morinda Citrifolia extract that work together to decrease melanin production, restore damaged skin, and nourish dry skin.
- [NOURISHES SKIN] – The natural ingredients in our formula continuously provide nutrients needed to the skin to delay the appearance of premature aging like wrinkles and dark spots. You’ll have brighter and rejuvenated skin after using Tetyanna Dark Spot Corrector!
- Skin-brightening cream formulated with arbutin to enhance the appearance of your skin for a brighter complexion.
- The Obagi Nu-Derm Fx System helps transform the skin’s appearance by brightening the complexion
- Complete skin care system specially formulated for normal to dry skin that includes arbutin-based skin brighteners.
- ✅ 2% HYDROQUINONE - Helps brighten and fade dark spots, hyperpigmentation & melasma: The acids gently peel dark spots to reveal brighter skin: This product can be used either once OR twice per day
- ✅ OUR PROMISE TO YOU - We promise this OTC product will provide effective results within 4 weeks when used as directed: The directions on the product label says "use once or twice daily"
- ✅ CONSIDERED TO BE MORE effective than other hydroquinone products and melasma treatment creams: the directions on the outer box says "use twice daily or as directed by doctor"
- ✅ CONTAINS MORE EFFECTIVE ingredients than other brands - This formula contains 2% Hydroquinone, Salicylic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid & Vitamin C: the directions on the insert says "start out by using every other day and working up to daily use"
- ✅ CONTAINS THE HIGHEST concentration of hydroquinone allowed without a prescription - Use this for 4 weeks and you'll notice you dark spots have faded and your complexion will be much smoother and even toned: Consult images to view these directions for use.