Perhaps one of the most common and embarrassing signs of aging is getting a wrinkly neck. Often referred to as sagging skin or a “turkey neck”, this is an extremely common condition in both men and women 45 and older.
It’s easily one of the most frustrating and difficult skin issues to deal with. It occurs as you age when the skin begins to lose some of its natural elasticity, or the ability to shrink back up and tighten to firm out. This process is worsened by things like smoking cigarettes or even just excessive sun exposure.
How to Get Rid of Turkey Neck Fast
The good news, however, is that there are ways to treat it. The most common ways of treating a turkey neck are surgical procedures and neck firming creams. Surgery is rather intense and expensive, though. This is why it’s recommended to try out a cream first. Creams are much more affordable, highly effective for most individuals, and require no recovery time whatsoever.
Picking the Perfect Neck Cream
The biggest issue with using a neck cream is finding the right one. There are hundreds of these creams on the market today. Every skincare company on the planet from Obagi to Clarins has a product available for treating wrinkles and sagging skin on your neck. So, how do you find the best cream for your personal needs?
We here at True Cosmetic Beauty have made the decision a bit easier for you. We’ve tested and reviewed many different neck firming creams already. Below we provide a list of the absolute best ones to use in 2015. Our top picks list was created after reviewing tons of creams and handpicking the best ones based on criteria such as effectiveness, ease of use, and, of course, price.
Our List of Best Neck Firming Creams
#1 Revision Nectifirm (Most Recommended)
Our favorite cream by far is Revision’s incredibly powerful Nectifirm. This is an insanely effective product that works to firm and tighten the skin around the neck, eliminating wrinkles, sagging skin, and other rough edges around the area.
It uses a special blend of peptides, vitamins, and other essential nutrients to fully restore the skin’s moisture content and rebuilds the natural elasticity lost over the years.
Want more information? Read our full Revision Nectifirm review for an in-depth breakdown.
#2 – StriVectin-TL Tightening Neck Cream
StriVectin is a rather well-known cosmetics company that develops everything from stretch mark creams to retinol products and beyond. Their TL Tightening Neck Cream is our second highest-rated product for taking care of your neck.
It improves the hydration within your skin, helps to restore elasticity, gives your skin back its ability to produce collagen, and it promotes the growth of new, healthy skin cells. All of this combined makes for an excellent firming cream.
Want a deeper look at the pros, cons, and details of this cream? Be sure to read our complete StriVectin Neck Cream review to get the skinny on it.
#3 Body Merry Neck Cream
Now we come to a cream that is currently atop the Amazon best-sellers list within the facial lactic acids category. Body Merry’s Age Defense Neck Cream is designed to significantly improve the appearance of both your neck and chest.
It provides great moisture and all of the necessities required to diminish wrinkles, tighten up loose skin, and give your skin a brilliant glow. This is one of the most affordable neck creams on the market, too. A true contender for the budget shopper.
Looking to try it out?
- RENEW & RESTORE your youthful appearance by lifting and moisturizing the delicate skin on your neck: Our deeply hydrating moisturizer is formulated to help firm, tighten and reduce the appearance of the dreaded turkey neck and crepe skin by combating common skin concerns such as wrinkles, fine lines and spots. Our formula has no added fragrances and can be used on the skin from your head to your toes, making it a perfectly gentle and effective solution for even the most sensitive of skin.
- Our GENEROUSLY SIZED BOTTLE stands out from the competition by giving you more in every way - We go by the saying, "A little goes a long way," so all it takes is a small pump in the morning or evening and you're all set to go! And not only that, but we give you enough product for you to keep up the results, long after you're done with any other competitor creams!
- RICH AND NATURAL INGREDIENTS like hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and other AHAs, all aimed to pack in moisture to really help tighten, firm and hydrate the often forgotten neck, jawline and chest area. Don't let sagging skin get in the way of your natural beauty - Feel the full benefit of this gentle, fragrance free lotion and defend your skin against the test of time.
- CRUELTY FREE & SAFE: Our products are vigorously tested to ensure that they are safe and free from irritation for all skin types and hair types, but we would never test on animals - we love our furry (and scaly) friends & to show that, we are LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFIED! Our products use wholesome, all natural ingredients & gentle formulas designed for every skin type (sensitive, normal, oily) & hair color (blonde, brunette, redheads, etc) to give you only the best experience possible.
- 90-DAY MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE: We love our products and we hope you do too! All of our products are lovingly manufactured in the USA and backed by our 90-Day ( Money-back ) Happiness Guarantee. If you ever have any questions or if you’re not satisfied with your purchase, just drop us a line and we’ll see what we can do to help you Get Happy With Your Skin!
#4 Keshima Ultimate Anti-Aging Firming Lotion
Keshima Beauty, the cosmetics company behind the Ultimate Anti-Aging Firming Lotion, isn’t too well known compared to other brands, but it’s making quite a splash with its unique and highly effective neck firming lotion.
Capable of being used on both the face and neck, this awesome lotion goes on light, but has incredibly powerful agents in it that strengthen, firm, and tighten skin.
It works beautifully for removing those stubborn fine lines and eliminating that all-too-embarrassing sagging skin around your decolletage area.
Keshima is on fire right now and has even been one of the best-selling products among facial skin care sets and kits on Amazon in past months.
Need a little more info? We’ve written a detailed Keshima neck cream review that reveals the product’s key benefits, disadvantages, and more. Give it a read.
#5 NeoStrata Triple Firming Neck Cream
Finally, to round off our list of the best neck creams, we come to NeoStrata. Their Triple-Firming Neck Cream is a relatively new product, but it’s already amassing rave reviews across the board for its clinically-proven effectiveness for reducing wrinkles & lines and restoring youth to the skin.
This unique cream is even able to fix skin discolorations and get rid of age spots on the neck while simultaneously tightening the skin. It penetrates deep into your skin layers and stimulates the growth of healthy collagen that revitalizes and refreshes the skin from the inside out.
Want to give NeoStrata a shot at your neck?
- CLICK HERE to check out the reviews others have posted for it, view additional information, and see the price on Amazon.
- Size: 2.8 oz
- This antiaging neck cream is formulated to help reverse visible signs of aging in the neck and décolletage for skin that is firmer, more lifted and younger looking.
- Pro-Amino Acid helps target collagen
- NeoCitriate helps to target collagen
- NeoGlucosamine gently exfoliates skin to help reduce the appearance of uneven pigment
Interested in learning more about this product? We highly recommend giving our full NeoStrata neck cream review to get a better idea of how well it works, what ingredients are in it, and loads more.
As we mentioned earlier, creams aren’t the only way to go about getting rid of an awful turkey neck. There are more advanced methods as well.
The fastest and most effective way to treat the sagging skin around your decolletage is surgery. A good plastic surgeon can give your entire neck a full lift, tightening the skin and making it look brand new in a rather simple procedure.
The main disadvantages with this, though, are the cost and the recovery. A neck lift typically costs around $4,000 or more and results in roughly 2 weeks of intense bruising and swelling.
The results are long-lasting and natural-looking, though, and there are very few risks associated with the surgery as it is rather straightforward and uncomplicated.
If you’re not ready to spend thousands of dollars on surgery, though, it’s definitely recommended that you give on the creams listed above a shot before booking a consultation with a surgeon. Chances are, you don’t need surgery to get the results you want.
Sure, the results come a bit slower, but you won’t have to worry about going under the knife or spending an absurd amount of money to get a younger looking neck using a specialized cream.