One of the most common questions I hear when it comes to epilators is, “Are they worth the money?”
I have been performing some sort of hair removal technique on my body for almost 25 years now and for anyone who ask me if an epilator is worth the money, I always answer with a resounding “Yes!”
There are a few reasons that I believe that not only are some epilators actually worth the money but can actually save you quite a bit of money in the long term. Plus, I am now partial to epilators and wouldn’t go back to having to shave every three days or messing around with wax.
A Look at the Cost of Epilators
There are some epilators that will only cost you around $30, but I really can’t tell you how efficient these models are because I have always gone with the higher quality models.
The epilator that I recommend the most is the Braun Silk Epil Wet/Dry Epilator, which you can buy for under $100. This may seem like a lot of money when you first look at it, but consider how much money you have spend on hair removal in the past year whether it was waxing or shaving.
When it comes to shaving you have to buy new razorblades all the time and the good razors and razorblades are definitely not cheap.
Also, consider that when you shave, the hair grows back very quickly and you are going to have to shave a lot more than you would have to use an epilator, which usually only has to be used every 4-5 weeks. The money you invest in an epilator can easily be a lot less than what you would use for a razor and razorblades in a year’s time. And a epilator doesn’t need to be replaced every few months or even new parts bought for it.
If you want to compare the cost of an epilator to waxing, then you need to first look at if you are paying for professional waxing or if you are doing it at home. If you pay for professional waxings, an epilator can be a lot cheaper and you don’t have to worry about gas money and time to go to the salon or spa as well.
If you do your own waxing at home, then add up all the supplies, including the wax, strips, and sticks you use to see how much money you exactly use for at least a 6 months time. You may just be surprised that your waxing is more expensive than you think it is even when you do it yourself at home. Plus waxing can be messy and a pain to prepare at home, while an epilator doesn’t make any mess and can be used just about anywhere.
If you are wondering if buying an epilator is worth your money, then go ahead and take a few minutes to add up your hair removal techniques cost and you will probably see that the cost of an epilator isn’t so bad after all.
Are you into epilation now? Read more on my choice for Best Epilator – Gentle and SUPER Effective Models.
Try Braun Silk Epil Wet/Dry Epilator Today!!!
- The Starter 5-in-1 hair removal & Beauty set for face and body. Epilate, shave, trim, cleanse, exfoliate and apply creams and makeup
- Epilator removes 4x shorter hair than wax for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin. Sensosmart technology ensures optimal pressure is applied for the best results
- Shaver & trimmer attachment removes hair from sensitive areas
- 3x Facial brush attachments cleanse and exfoliate
- Cordless use up to 30 mins. 100% wet and dry. Use in the bath or shower to reduce discomfort. Epilation is virtually painless with regular use
Other Products You’ll Love Too!
- Reveals & removes even the finest hairs that other epilators don't show - thanks to its Smart light
- The 20-tweezer system removes hairs at the root for weeks of smooth skin. The Massage Rollers gently stimulate and massage your skin for even more comfort.
- With 3 extras: shaver head, trimmer cap & massage cap
- 2 speed settings let's you choose what's best for your individual skin type and personal beauty routine
- Recommended for leg and body
- 12V adapter
- 2 in 1 Epilator Hair Removal Set - Hair removal set includes epilator head for body legs, shaver head for face and tiny hair.The appliance is a remarkable hair remover with 30 tweezers to quickly and effectively remove hair from the root for weeks. It can relieve pain as much as possible.
- Efficient hair removal & Wet or Dry Use - The hair remover is designed to fit the contours of your body and remover hair as short as 0.5mm from the upper lip, chin, legs, bikini-line and underarms with less painless. You can enjoy the freedom of cordless wet and dry using，the head can be washed by running water.
- 2 Speed Setting Hair Shaver - Dual speed settings can help you to choose the working speed you like. High speed for fast epilate, low speed with less pain. If high speed make you hurt, maybe you can choose the low speed. TIPS: unlike hair shaver, you may feel a little pain while using epilator, especially for beginners. Before order, please kindly noted.
- Smart Light & Floating Head Design - The neck of the machine is fitted with a floating part, which can be rotated flexibly to fit the curve of the body line. At the same time, it is equipped with an LED light to clearly see any tiny hair.
- Perfect angle - The best head angle guide cap produces ultimate results by keeping the epilator at the optimum epilating angle
- The 40% wider epilation head removes more hair in one stroke* for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin. *vs other Braun epilators
- Braun's most innovative MicroGrip tweezer technology with wider, longer and deeper tweezers removes, with precision, hair 4X shorter than wax does
- Wet and Dry usage in the bath or shower for a more comfortable epilation. Virtually painless with regular use. Long-lasting battery
- Comes with 7 extras including a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a high frequency massage cap, a skin contact cap, a charging stand for an always charged device and a BONUS facial brush
- BONUS Braun facial brush removes makeup and pore-deep impurities - 6X better than manual cleansing - in addition to refining and exfoliating skin with micro-oscillations. 100% waterproof for comfortable use in the shower