One of the most common questions I hear when it comes to epilators is, “Are they worth the money?”
I have been performing some sort of hair removal technique on my body for almost 25 years now and for anyone who ask me if an epilator is worth the money, I always answer with a resounding “Yes!”
There are a few reasons that I believe that not only are some epilators actually worth the money but can actually save you quite a bit of money in the long term. Plus, I am now partial to epilators and wouldn’t go back to having to shave every three days or messing around with wax.
A Look at the Cost of Epilators
There are some epilators that will only cost you around $30, but I really can’t tell you how efficient these models are because I have always gone with the higher quality models.
The epilator that I recommend the most is the Braun Silk Epil Wet/Dry Epilator, which you can buy for under $100. This may seem like a lot of money when you first look at it, but consider how much money you have spend on hair removal in the past year whether it was waxing or shaving.
When it comes to shaving you have to buy new razorblades all the time and the good razors and razorblades are definitely not cheap.
Also, consider that when you shave, the hair grows back very quickly and you are going to have to shave a lot more than you would have to use an epilator, which usually only has to be used every 4-5 weeks. The money you invest in an epilator can easily be a lot less than what you would use for a razor and razorblades in a year’s time. And a epilator doesn’t need to be replaced every few months or even new parts bought for it.
If you want to compare the cost of an epilator to waxing, then you need to first look at if you are paying for professional waxing or if you are doing it at home. If you pay for professional waxings, an epilator can be a lot cheaper and you don’t have to worry about gas money and time to go to the salon or spa as well.
If you do your own waxing at home, then add up all the supplies, including the wax, strips, and sticks you use to see how much money you exactly use for at least a 6 months time. You may just be surprised that your waxing is more expensive than you think it is even when you do it yourself at home. Plus waxing can be messy and a pain to prepare at home, while an epilator doesn’t make any mess and can be used just about anywhere.
If you are wondering if buying an epilator is worth your money, then go ahead and take a few minutes to add up your hair removal techniques cost and you will probably see that the cost of an epilator isn’t so bad after all.
Are you into epilation now? Read more on my choice for Best Epilator – Gentle and SUPER Effective Models.
Try Braun Silk Epil Wet/Dry Epilator Today!!!
- The Starter 5-in-1 hair removal & Beauty set for face and body. Epilate, shave, trim, cleanse, exfoliate and apply creams and makeup
- Epilator removes 4x shorter hair than wax for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin. Sensosmart technology ensures optimal pressure is applied for the best results
- Shaver & trimmer attachment removes hair from sensitive areas
- 3x Facial brush attachments cleanse and exfoliate
- Cordless use up to 30 mins. 100% wet and dry. Use in the bath or shower to reduce discomfort. Epilation is virtually painless with regular use
Other Products You’ll Love Too!
- For long-lasting smooth legs and body for up to 4 weeks
- GENTLE: Epilator for women and perfect for beginners, providing up to 100% gentle hair removal in just one stroke.
- EVERY HAIR: Smartlight technology reveals the finest hairs for no miss hair removal
- LONG LASTING: Weeks of long lasting smooth skin, not just days
- LESS PAIN: Gently stimulate and massage your skin to reduce pain with the massage rollers
- EFFICIENT: Adapts to every contour for an efficient epilation, even in difficult areas like the knee and underarm
- EFFORTLESS: Epilator for women with a wide, pivoting head, for easier and more efficient hair removal
- SMOOTH SKIN: Micro-Grip tweezer technology (40 tweezers) provides smooth skin for weeks, not days
- CONVENIENT: Ergonomic handle enables convenient use on all body areas
- LESS PAIN: 100% waterproof so you can epilate in the bath or shower for a less painful experience
- THOROUGH: The Smartlight in the handle reveals the finest hairs for extra thorough hair removal
- World's 1st smart epilator with new SensoSmart technology
- Guides for less pressure, to remove even more hair; vs other Braun epilator. Rechargeable
- Braun Silk-epil epilators remove 4x shorter hair than wax for long-lasting smoothness
- Cordless wet & Dry epilator, use in the bath or shower for gentle epilation
- 7 extras; including facial cap, skin contact cap, shaver head, trimmer cap, pouch, body and face trimmer for sensitive areas