We all know that a good cup of coffee does wonders for waking up our brains and giving us a boost to start the day! Did you know that coffee also has wonderful effects when used as part of our skincare routine?
I’m going to share the secret recipe I use to whip up my favorite face scrub. Some of the same benefits of we love from caffeine that jump start our brains can also stimulate our skin if you know how to make a coffee scrub.
Coffee is so popular today and used in many luxury beauty products and spa treatments, but you don’t have to spend the big bucks to get the same results. Simply put, you can create your own skincare treatment at home using coffee grounds left over from your morning brew.
Coffee contains powerful anti-oxidant agents that protects our skin against free radicals, and has anti-wrinkle properties. Used coffee grounds don’t need to go to waste! Below are a few simple recipes you can create right in your kitchen and have your skin healthy and glowing in no time!
It is best to use coffee that has been ground from whole beans or leftover in a k-cup. You only need a small amount of the grounds and they should be room temperature (to avoid burns, do not put hot coffee grounds on your skin).
To create a face scrub that will remove dead skin, clean pores, and give your skin a healthy glow place a few tablespoons of grounds in a small bowl. What I do next is add a few ingredients that I may have on hand. If my skin is dry and flaky I add a teaspoon of coconut oil (0live oil, coconut oil or even mashed avocado works well also to moisturize). If my skin is oily or has acne I use a teaspoon of raw honey which really heals breakouts.
I add a few drops of warm water to the mixture to give it a smooth texture (not runny). Next wash your face with warm water to open your pores and then take a small scoop of the coffee mixture and apply gently to your face like a mask. Be sure to avoid your eye area to prevent damaging your skin. Begin to gently massage the mixture on your face. Don’t be aggressive as the grounds exfoliate and can be rough. I leave the mixture on my face for approximately 2 minutes and then use a wet washcloth to begin gently removing the grounds and follow with a good rinse.
Once your skin is clean you should notice how rejuvenated it feels and you can follow up with your regular moisturizer. Using a coffee ground facial can be a bit messy, but afterward your skin feels so great. You may experience some breakouts in days ahead due to the coffee pulling the impurities from your skin. This is really a good cleanse and your skin should continue to improve.
If you’d rather not go thru the mess of mixing up your own coffee scrub, here’s an inexpensive and 100% natural arabica scrub you could certainly use. I don’t personally mind whipping them up, but you do have options if DIY is not your thing.
- 100% PURE NATURAL SHEA BUTTER - Premium deep moisturizer that wonderfully softens and smooths dry cracked skin.
- SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, AVACADO OIL, SWEET ALMOND OIL, MACADAMIA SEED OIL, ORANGE OIL - Amazing skin conditioners that prevents dryness and provides your skin a refined healthy glow.
- MANGO PUREE - Quality moisturizer that softens and smooths skin with the ideal fragrance for the senses.
- PARABEN FREE - Absolutely no parabens or formaldehyde donors! Free of harmful chemicals for healthy skincare.
- MADE IN THE USA - Proudly made in America by a world class professional cosmetics team in an American beauty lab.
- STAIN DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY: Helps to whiten your teeth and prevents new stains from setting. Formulated with refined dental grade baking soda to give you a noticeably whiter, brighter smile
- POWER OF BAKING SODA: ARM & HAMMER baking soda gently cleans and neutralizes acids that weaken and erode enamel
- CAVITY PROTECTION: Fluoride toothpaste deep cleans and penetrates between the teeth and along the gum line to remove plaque and help prevent cavities
- EXTREME WHITENING: Boosted with peroxide to gently target tough set-in stains with extra whitening power
- Two 6 oz. tubes of Arm & Hammer Advance White Extreme Whitening Toothpaste
- Visible results in just 1 day: Wake up to softer feet with Kerasal. It's unique combination of skin softening, moisturizing and exfoliating ingredients deliver visible results overnight for severely dry feet and cracked heels.
- See better results with Kerasal: In a use study, 99 percent of users found Kerasal Intensive Foot Repair to work better than their previous foot cream.
- Intensive healing for dry cracked feet: Kerasal does more than a basic foot cream. It doesn't just cover up dry skin with moisture. It exfoliates to loosen and remove hard, dry skin to deeply moisturize and repair dry, cracked feet.
- Clinically proven: In a clinical study, Kerasal Intensive Foot Repair has been shown to repair dry skin as well as a leading prescription lotion.
- Kerasal products care for your feet: If you struggle with cracked feet or damaged nails discolored from fungal infections or psoriasis, Kerasal has a product for you.
- 100 PERCENT PURE AND NON-GMO: A natural oil that’s perfect for nourishing and reviving any skin type
- PROMOTES HEALTHY-LOOKING SKIN: Almond oil is easily absorbed and won’t clog pores, promoting clear, soft, healthy-looking skin
- EASILY ABSORBED AND WON'T CLOG PORES: This skin-nourishing oil is ideal for the entire body and is derived from pressed almonds
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation)
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.