We all know that a good cup of coffee does wonders for waking up our brains and giving us a boost to start the day! Did you know that coffee also has wonderful effects when used as part of our skincare routine?
I'm going to share the secret recipe I use to whip up my favorite face scrub. Some of the same benefits of we love from caffeine that jump start our brains can also stimulate our skin if you know how to make a coffee scrub.
Coffee is so popular today and used in many luxury beauty products and spa treatments, but you don't have to spend the big bucks to get the same results. Simply put, you can create your own skincare treatment at home using coffee grounds left over from your morning brew.
Coffee contains powerful anti-oxidant agents that protects our skin against free radicals, and has anti-wrinkle properties. Used coffee grounds don't need to go to waste! Below are a few simple recipes you can create right in your kitchen and have your skin healthy and glowing in no time!
It is best to use coffee that has been ground from whole beans or leftover in a k-cup. You only need a small amount of the grounds and they should be room temperature (to avoid burns, do not put hot coffee grounds on your skin).
To create a face scrub that will remove dead skin, clean pores, and give your skin a healthy glow place a few tablespoons of grounds in a small bowl. What I do next is add a few ingredients that I may have on hand. If my skin is dry and flaky I add a teaspoon of coconut oil (0live oil, coconut oil or even mashed avocado works well also to moisturize). If my skin is oily or has acne I use a teaspoon of raw honey which really heals breakouts.
I add a few drops of warm water to the mixture to give it a smooth texture (not runny). Next wash your face with warm water to open your pores and then take a small scoop of the coffee mixture and apply gently to your face like a mask. Be sure to avoid your eye area to prevent damaging your skin. Begin to gently massage the mixture on your face. Don't be aggressive as the grounds exfoliate and can be rough. I leave the mixture on my face for approximately 2 minutes and then use a wet washcloth to begin gently removing the grounds and follow with a good rinse.
Once your skin is clean you should notice how rejuvenated it feels and you can follow up with your regular moisturizer. Using a coffee ground facial can be a bit messy, but afterward your skin feels so great. You may experience some breakouts in days ahead due to the coffee pulling the impurities from your skin. This is really a good cleanse and your skin should continue to improve.
If you'd rather not go thru the mess of mixing up your own coffee scrub, here's an inexpensive and 100% natural arabica scrub you could certainly use. I don't personally mind whipping them up, but you do have options if DIY is not your thing.
- 100% PURE NATURAL SHEA BUTTER - Premium deep moisturizer that wonderfully softens and smooths dry cracked skin.
- SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, AVACADO OIL, SWEET ALMOND OIL, MACADAMIA SEED OIL, ORANGE OIL - Amazing skin conditioners that prevents dryness and provides your skin a refined healthy glow.
- MANGO PUREE - Quality moisturizer that softens and smooths skin with the ideal fragrance for the senses.
- PARABEN FREE - Absolutely no parabens or formaldehyde donors! Free of harmful chemicals for healthy skincare.
- MADE IN THE USA - Proudly made in America by a world class professional cosmetics team in an American beauty lab.
- PREMIUM HIMALAYAN SALT SCRUB SOUFFLE – Our natural Himalayan pink salt body and face scrub souffle with lychee fruit and sweet almond oil provides the ultimate oil and impurities cleanse for your skin!
- INFUSED WITH COLLAGEN & STEM CELL providing a boost in natural collagen while increasing skin cell longevity. Together these deliver an anti-aging performance you’ve come to expect from M3 Naturals.*
- DETOXIFY YOUR SKIN by drawing out unwanted toxins, dirt, pollution, and bacteria from your pores and balancing systemic pH. A great pore minimizer that restores your silky-smooth skin!*
- SKIN BLEMISHES – Our unique blend of ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of acne, blackheads, cellulite, stretch marks, and scars!*
- MADE IN USA: M3 Naturals is proud to provide you with natural cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America. *
- 100% PURE MOISTURIZING OIL/PROMOTES HEALTHY-LOOKING SKIN: Sweet Almond Oil is a nourishing oil that's perfect for reviving any skin type. Almond oil is easily absorbed and won’t clog pores, promoting clear, soft, healthy-looking skin.
- ODORLESS/NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: Almond oil is derived naturally from pressed almonds. This carrier oil is odorless/unscented. Combine with your favorite NOW Essential Oils to make a custom scented body, hair, or massage oil.
- NOW Solutions is the next step in the evolution of personal care products, formulated with the finest functional ingredients from around the world. Not tested on animals. Analytically tested to assure the highest quality.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- MOISTURIZING BODY WASH: Envelop your body in moisture with this creamy, ultra-hydrating blend. Massage generously all over body in the shower. For best results exfoliate with OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Polishing Body Scrub and follow with Miracle Oil Lotion.
- INDULGE YOUR SENSES with this ultra-hydrating blend from our Extra Creamy + Coconut Collection, enriched with coconut oil, essence of tiare & vanilla bean extract. Restore moisture to the driest skin with this fast-absorbing, rich & creamy tropical blend.
- OGX BODY: Let OGX help your skin find the nourishment and hydration it craves with our body washes, exfoliating scrubs, body oils, and lotions. OGX skin is glowing, refreshed, and oh so touchable. Explore our collections to find your perfect OGX body.
- LOVE YOUR SKIN: We’ll never ask what you want to “fix” about your skin. Whether you have oily skin, normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin, we just want to know what you love about it, so we can make you love it even more with OGX skin care products.
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skin care product collections are here to help you look your best! We’re beauty, pure & simple.