We all know that a good cup of coffee does wonders for waking up our brains and giving us a boost to start the day! Did you know that coffee also has wonderful effects when used as part of our skincare routine?
I’m going to share the secret recipe I use to whip up my favorite face scrub. Some of the same benefits of we love from caffeine that jump start our brains can also stimulate our skin if you know how to make a coffee scrub.
Coffee is so popular today and used in many luxury beauty products and spa treatments, but you don’t have to spend the big bucks to get the same results. Simply put, you can create your own skincare treatment at home using coffee grounds left over from your morning brew.
Coffee contains powerful anti-oxidant agents that protects our skin against free radicals, and has anti-wrinkle properties. Used coffee grounds don’t need to go to waste! Below are a few simple recipes you can create right in your kitchen and have your skin healthy and glowing in no time!
It is best to use coffee that has been ground from whole beans or leftover in a k-cup. You only need a small amount of the grounds and they should be room temperature (to avoid burns, do not put hot coffee grounds on your skin).
To create a face scrub that will remove dead skin, clean pores, and give your skin a healthy glow place a few tablespoons of grounds in a small bowl. What I do next is add a few ingredients that I may have on hand. If my skin is dry and flaky I add a teaspoon of coconut oil (0live oil, coconut oil or even mashed avocado works well also to moisturize). If my skin is oily or has acne I use a teaspoon of raw honey which really heals breakouts.
I add a few drops of warm water to the mixture to give it a smooth texture (not runny). Next wash your face with warm water to open your pores and then take a small scoop of the coffee mixture and apply gently to your face like a mask. Be sure to avoid your eye area to prevent damaging your skin. Begin to gently massage the mixture on your face. Don’t be aggressive as the grounds exfoliate and can be rough. I leave the mixture on my face for approximately 2 minutes and then use a wet washcloth to begin gently removing the grounds and follow with a good rinse.
Once your skin is clean you should notice how rejuvenated it feels and you can follow up with your regular moisturizer. Using a coffee ground facial can be a bit messy, but afterward your skin feels so great. You may experience some breakouts in days ahead due to the coffee pulling the impurities from your skin. This is really a good cleanse and your skin should continue to improve.
If you’d rather not go thru the mess of mixing up your own coffee scrub, here’s an inexpensive and 100% natural arabica scrub you could certainly use. I don’t personally mind whipping them up, but you do have options if DIY is not your thing.
- Whitens teeth by removing up to 80 percentage of surface stains
- Protects teeth against future stains
- Strengthens teeth and safe on tooth enamel
- Fluoride toothpaste protects against cavities
- Radiant Mint flavor
- UNLEASH YOUR INNER MAN with this 3 soap sampler for men of Dr. Squatch's top 3 favorite scents: Pine Tar, Cedar Citrus, Gold Moss
- MANLY SOAP WITH THE NATURAL INGREDIENTS YOUR BODY LOVES - Every bar of Dr. Squatch soap is handmade in the US in small batches using cold process. The sasquatch prohibits the use of parabens, sls, harsh chemicals, indiscriminate palm oil
- SUDISFACTION GUARANTEED - If you don’t love Dr. Squatch we’ll give you a full refund. Support small business: all of our soap is handmade in the USA in small batches ADD TO CART NOW
- CONSIDER GETTING 2 - One for you, one for your best friend
- THE SASQUATCH RECOMMENDS IT FOR - Exfoliating, shaving, manly activities such as bathing in the woods, face and body wash, hands, unhappy skin, travel
- Breakthrough formula
- Whitening toothpaste that removes and prevents new stains
- Fights bacteria on teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums for whole mouth healthy
- Mint toothpaste for long lasting fresh breath
- Helps prevent plaque, tartar, cavities & gingivitis
- [ FOAMING CLEANSER ] Dispenses as a clear gel cleanser and transforms into a foam as you lather. Cleanses without leaving skin feeling tight, dry, or stripped
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for different skin types, including dry skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- [ DAILY FACE WASH ] Fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, non-drying, and non-irritating. Gently refreshes and effectively removes excess oil, dirt, and makeup
- [ FACE & BODY WASH ] Cleanser for face, can also be used on the body and/or hands. Suitable for normal to oily skin