The Pros and Cons to Using an Epilator for Hair Removal
Weighing the pros and cons of using an epilator can be a good way to decide if you should invest in one of these devices to get rid of unwanted hair on your body.
As with any type of beauty or personal hygiene device, epilators are going to have both advantages and disadvantages and you need to look at what is most important to you when deciding on using an epilator.
- Using an epilator can leave you hairless for up to 4-6 weeks. Since the hair is pulled completely out by the root, it takes weeks for it to grow back. This means less time getting rid of unwanted hair on your face and body.
- Not only does hair take several weeks to grow back, but the more you use your epilator the more you will notice that hair grows back much finer as well. That means the hair that does grow back will be a lot less noticeable as well so you will find that you can go even longer than 4-6 weeks between epilations once you have been using your epilator for some time.
- Buying an epilator can actually save you money. If you are currently using razors to shave the hair on your body you are probably spending quite some money on razorblades as well as shaving cream. If you are waxing your hair at home you still have to buy the wax, cloth strips, and waxing sticks and if you are scheduling professional waxing sessions those can cost you hundreds of dollars for just a few sessions. With an epilator once you buy the device there are no parts or other supplies that need to be bought and some epilators can last anywhere from 3-7 years or longer if you take care of them.
- Depending on what epilator you buy you can use the product on just about any area of your body including your face and other sensitive areas. If you buy an epilator that has different heads or attachments you don’t have to worry about buying or using any other type of hair removal product.
- An epilator can be used just about anywhere and doesn’t cause any type of mess. This means you can easily pack your epilator away for touch ups while traveling or even with some epilators you can use them right in the shower to save you some time.
Want a top-notch device that will get rid of unwanted hair easily without causing much irritation? Be sure to read our full list so you can find the best epilator model for your needs.
- Epilation can be painful since the hair is being pulled out at the roots. Although it is painful there are ways to lessen the pain and many women have reported that the soon get used to the pain after a few sessions.
- It can take a few times of use before you get the use of the device down so you remove hair in the most efficient manner. You may notice that you miss hairs or sections a few days later and you may have to have some touch ups done in the beginning of using the product.
- Some people will experience red skin after using an epilator because of the pulling of the hairs and the device rolling over your skin. It may not be a good idea to use an epilator right before you plan on leaving your house but instead use it at night so your skin has time to recover. Lotion will help with the redness.
- Some epilators can be quite loud and sometimes people get scared off by using them because of how loud they are. Although this isn’t a huge concern, it is good to know that they will make noise but most aren’t any louder than an electric shaver.